Your family is typically where your first friendships develop. A sibling relationship is the longest relationship you will have in your life. Cultivating strong relationships with your parents and siblings will have lasting benefits. You can even apply Dr. Chapman’s love languages to show love to your family members.
Benefits of showing love to your extended family members:
- Your relationship with your extended family can reach your children to value their own relationships
- Builds self-esteem, nurtures positive behaviors, and relieves stress
- Helps to continue to grow your bond and gives you lasting memories
Our challenge for you today is to show love to your extended family members.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Call or Skype a sibling or parent
- Plan a time to get together as a family
- Hang up pictures of extended family members in your home.
- Talk to your children about your favorite memories with your extended family members.
- Send family members a card
“Family like branches on a tree, we grow in different directions, yet our roots remain as one.”
We hope you have enjoyed our Love Challenge this week! We are feeling the love and hope to continue to spread it with those around us.
What was your favorite part of the challenge? Share your experiences on Instagram, don’t forget to tag us!