Welcome to Day 1 of the simpli sisters self-care challenge!
We are so glad you’re here!
Today we will be focusing on the aspects of Physical Self-Care.
Physical Self-Care is a broad area to cover and it can be broken down into the following areas:
- Water intake
Each aspect of physical self-care is important as they contribute to your overall mental health.
Here are 4 ways your physical health can impact your mental health:
- NUTRITION: Improper diet (processed foods, micro-nutrient deficiency, etc) can result in increased anxiety and depression
- EXERCISE: Physical activity can reduce symptoms of depression and stress as well as increase self-esteem, resilience, concentration, and memory.
- SLEEP: Getting enough sleep can help with emotional regulation and resilience.
- HYDRATION: Lack of adequate water intake can result in cognitive impairment and mood changes. (taken from Heather LeGuilloux: https://www.heatherleguilloux.ca/blog/7-ways-your-physical-health-is-connected-to-your-mental-health)
***Your challenge for today is to pick at least one area in physical self-care to work on. Remember to share a picture on Instagram with #simpliselfcare and tag us, @simplisisters.
Here are some ideas to get you going:
- Take a walk (or your choice of exercise)
- Try a new, healthy recipe
- Go to bed early
- Drink 64 ounces of water
- Try meditating
See you tomorrow for Day 2!