Friendships are meaningful relationships which need to be nurtured like any other relationship.
Friends are people you can turn to when life feels hard and when there’s fun to be had.
Friends can be people you see/talk to regularly or once in awhile.
“There are no random acts of friendship, only intentional ones”
Be intentional about who you choose to keep in your life. Your friends can influence you in so many ways. Don’t be around people who drag you down. Be there and be interested in your friends lives. Be aware of their special moments.
Benefits of showing love to your friends:
- Friendships are proven to help you live a longer and happier life
- You have someone to turn to when needed
- Friendships boost self-esteem and lower stress
Our challenge for you today is to send at least 1 friend some love today.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Call, text, email, or send a card to a friend to let them know you’re thinking of them
- Invite your friend to lunch
- Send your friend a small package with their favorite things
*PS, love languages work with friends too!
“You don’t need need too many friends to be happy, just a few real ones who appreciate you for who you are.”