Welcome to Day 3 of the simpli sisters self-care challenge!
How did day 2 go? Did you find it hard to complete the challenge? Are you starting to feel the effects of caring for and prioritizing yourself?
Today, we are focusing on intellectual/mental self-care.
What is that you may wonder? Intellectual/mental self-care is “being curious and having a strong desire to learn”. We often forget that just as our bodies need exercising, our mind does as well.
Benefits of intellectual/mental self-care:
- Sharpened mind and memory retention
- An open mind which allows for new ideas or ways of thinking
- Enhanced creativity
- Heightened problem solving skills
Your challenge today is to complete one intellectual/mental self-care task. Remember to share a picture on Instagram with #simpliselfcare and tag us, @simplisisters.
Here are some ideas to get you going:
- Read a book, magazine, or newspaper (or audiobook)
- Complete or work on a puzzle
- Play a mental game (Chess, Scrabble, Risk)
- Do a crossword puzzle
- Visit a museum
- Create a vision board
- Learn a new language
- Experiment with new ways of doing things
- Get creative
See you tomorrow for Day 4!